Friday, November 28, 2008

Food and Family

Of course everyone looks forward to the food on Thanksgiving. It's the one time that many of us let ourselves indulge to our hearts content without guilt. After having a wonderful meal, I indulged in three different desserts before the night was out. When faced with pumpkin pie, cheesecake and chocolate cake how could I be expected to make a choice?

And would you just look at my mothers beautiful turkey? I will soon be serving myself up some left over breast with a side of sweet potatoes. With each bite I'll remember the day and how great it was to see my family that was there.



We're creating wonderful traditions for our children. They get to play with their cousins and see extended family that rarely get the chance to be in one place at the same time.

Here is Violet with her dad, my brother Justin, I think she was waiting for cake in this picture. She sure looks excited, doesn't she?

Here is my brother Daniel with his new baby Thomas. Isn't this just one of the sweetest pictures you've ever seen?

And here is sweet little Lily, she's Violet's sister. Good food and kids to play with always makes for a good nap. And when you have mom to sleep on, what could be better?
Jade just wanted to be the one taking the pictures. But I had to get in a nice shot of her. Just look at the attitude she developing. It makes me afraid of what the teenage years have in store for us.
And then there is Braden. We had to put the cake out of reach.
Unfortunately I didn't get any good pictures of Megan, they were all blurry. I also didn't get any pictures of my nephew Logan. The poor little guy was so sick. I hope he's feeling better now and knows we love him.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and cherished the time with your friends and/or family.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin