Sunday, September 20, 2009

What are your kitchen essentials?

After talking to a friend about my cooking style today, I started to think about what I need to have in my kitchen to know that I can serve my family a "good" meal. So here are the bare minimums that I need to have on hand.

Spices:
  • Garlic Powder
  • Onion Powder
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Italian Seasoning

Condiments:
  • Mayo
  • Mustard
  • Hot Sauce
  • Salsa

Meat/Protein:
  • Chicken
  • Canned Tuna
  • Ground Beef

Other:
  • Milk
  • Butter
  • Flour
  • Rice
  • Eggs
  • Misc. Veggies

Now I do keep much more than this in my kitchen. But if I had to choose what I just could not run out of, this would be the list. With this, I can make many things. Creamed Tuna on rice, bread, soups, casseroles, pasta, the list goes on and on.

What are your kitchen essentials?

2 comments:

Stephanie's Recipe Spin said...

Most of what you listed are my essentials too. I also have to have Lawrys season salt and Cavenders because I use these more then I do just plan old salt!

I like to have a variety of veggies and breads...already made or mixes for my bread machines..that way we are not always repeating the same things.

I also like to make sure I have vanilla extract, brown sugar, chocolate chips...your basic items for making goodies :)

Laurie said...

I like doing Asian and Italian cooking the most, so fresh herbs for the Italian stuff, roma tomatoes, kosher salt...kosher salt is my fave ingredient. I also use alot of tamarin and sesame oil...sesame oil adds such great flavor in the asian dishes.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin