Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Decluttering We Will Go

So far I've had no trouble finding things to get rid of in my home. We are a family of clutter bugs and we come from a long and proud line of clutter bugs on both sides. But I realize that I'm not doing my family any favors by holding on to so much stuff that we can't enjoy the things we truly love. So one step, one item, one day at a time the clutter has to go.

So far here is what I've boxed up to go in just one week of the new year:
3 strands of Christmas lights, approx. 2 dozen Christmas Ornaments, a trash can full of junk mail and other paper clutter, a box of old mismatched silverware (real silver too), a set of teddy bear place mats, 2 Halloween Costumes, t-shirt, 1 pair pants, five gold place mats, one curtain.

What do you have hanging around your house just because you haven't taken five minutes to remove it? It's so freeing to just let things go.

2 comments:

~Chris~ said...

GO YOU! :)

Dianna said...

I was introduced to flylady about four years ago. Meeting her had one of the most calming effects on my life that I'd had for a long time. She taught me well that anyone can do anything for 15 minutes!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin