Thursday, July 15, 2010

10 Years Ago

10 years ago today I got married. As I look out the front window I see that it's raining. So different from the sunshine and blue skies I had on my wedding day. As I look out the back window I see chickens and goats where we once celebrated with friends and family. There is now a pole barn where our guests parked their cars.

The spot where Rob and I stood and vowed to love and cherish each other, however, is still untouched. Perhaps I'll plant a small flower bed there to mark that spot as special someday. And if you are wondering, we got married outside in our own back yard. It was the perfect wedding. Small and intimate with just our family at the ceremony.

When you say it 10 years sounds like such a long time. Yet when I think back on the time together it all seems to have flown by so fast. 10 years ago we had no idea what our lives held. All we knew was that we were going to face it together.

Three children and a farm later we still don't know what the future holds. All we know is that will will face it together.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin