Saturday, August 30, 2008

Life Is Good

As I sit here writing I should be getting the house ready for the company I'm having tomorrow. Not that there is much to do, but I do need to tweak things a bit.

We are having some family and friends over tomorrow. It's the first gathering we've had this summer. I'm excited, even if getting ready is stressful. Family and friends are an important part of our lives. I can't imagine my life without them in it.

Sure, I dream of living in North Carolina, or anywhere else for that matter. I want to see new places and really experience what life is like in those places. At the same time, I love where I am because it keeps me closer to family and friends.

A couple years ago, all I could think was that I wanted a change. I wanted just go and leave this place with my family (Rob and the girls--Braden was not born yet). I could not see where I could have the things I wanted right where I am.

It's amazing how things can change in just a couple years time. I don't know what we would have done when Braden was born if we hadn't been as close as we are to our family and friends. I'm so thankful that with all the trauma that the girls were able to stay in their own home and Jade never had to miss school. They got to keep the security of home and routine.

I have my chickens, I'm getting bees and goats. We are talking about other elements that would make the life I long for. I have a husband who loves me and wants to make me happy. What more could a girl ask for? For the first time, my dreams don't hinge on my leaving. It feels go to be happy where I am.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin