Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cooking 101 With A Twist

A few years ago my friend Julie started holding Cooking Class at her house. We almost always meet on a Tuesday. Class is once or twice a month. It's not so much about learning how to cook as it is about trying new recipes and sharing our favorite food with each other. Of course the best part is getting to spend time with other women.

I hadn't been able to go for the last 9 months or so. Today I got to go and I knew I was missing it, but I didn't realize just how much I had missed it until I pulled in to Julie's driveway and the rush of excitement went through me. I think a big ol' grin broke out on my face and stayed there the whole time.

So you may be wondering what we ate. Well I'll tell you we had this:

102_1140

That is Seafood Lasagna made from a recipe found in Taste Of Home Magazine. The recipe can be found HERE.

We also got to try some delicious Farm House Cheddar cheese that Julie and the ladies made at the last class. The recipe for that came from the book Home Cheese Making. It had aged five weeks and was so yummy and sharp.

102_1129

The food was wonderful and the fellowship even better. I can't wait for the next time we meet.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin