Saturday, November 28, 2009

Food Networkers: November Edition

This month I got to pick the recipes again. I choose four recipes from Paula Deen. I love Paula Deen. She always looks like she is having so much fun. And I also love it when she has her husband on any of her shows. He always looks all jolly like Santa Clause. But most of all, I love the way he looks at her. He looks at her like his life would end if she weren't in it. It makes me happy to see that kind of love show in a simple look. I'm rambling now. We are suppose to be talking food here. I have to confess that I only got three of the four recipes made this month. Due to the holiday and a very sick dog (see my previous post) I just didn't have the time or the heart to make the pie this week like I had originally planned.

Appetizer: Brie en Croute #2This was a great recipe. So easy to make and so full of flavor. The kids enjoyed helping me with it. Even Braden was able to help, it was that simple. Unfortunately the flavors are very grown up. The kids didn't care for this at all. I, on the other hand, LOVED it. It was sweet and creamy. The nuts gave it just the right amount of texture. I would make this again if I were having a party with adults. It would be great for a wine and cheese themed event.

Side Dish: Cottage PotatoesThis was one of the easiest things I had ever made. Really, it was almost as easy as straight up mashed potatoes. And it was so good. This is a recipe I will make over and over again. It's going into our families regular rotation. After feeding me and the kids, I had to fight to make sure there were enough left to send Rob for his work. I can see this being a "dish to pass" at potluck dinners.

Main Course: Cheeseburger Meatloaf

This was a bit of a disapointment. The green pepper was a bit much for this. I don't know about you, but I don't put green pepper in my cheeseburgers. I would love to tweak this recipe though using the flavors our family is use to in our cheeseburgers. It was an OK recipe, but not great in my opinion. More of a starting point for my own future creation.

Dessert: Old-Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie
As I said before, I didn't get to making this recipe. I do still plan to make it though. It seemed a fitting recipe for November. I've never had Sweet Potato Pie, but I'm told it tastes just like pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin pie, so if it tastes anything like it I'm sure to love it. I'll be sure to post about it once I've made it.

Due to live and time constraints Steena and Clorie have taken November off. I do believe Laurie was still in though, so check out her blog and see what she had to say. We are all taking the month of December off to concentrate on Christmas and family. Watch for us to be back in January with some more recipe reviews from your favorite Food Network stars.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin