Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Dark Flower Gypsies (Derbyshire Part 3)

One of the last shows I caught at the Derbyshire Renaissance Faire were the Dark Flower Gypsies. They are a belly dance troupe made up primarily of mother and daughter groups. The group also includes one of the daughter's best friend.


They performed a mix of traditional and non-traditional dances. The best part of watching them was that I could see that they were having fun.


The sword dance that they did was quite involved. It's not easy to move around with a huge sword like that on your head.


I hope I get the chance to see them perform again some day. Watching them really made me miss the belly dance class that I use to take. I just might have to get out my old practice tape and see how much I have forgotten.

1 comment:

Juli said...

How wonderful! I so miss the Faire :)


Congratulations to you and Pixie on the new boys !!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin