Monday, June 21, 2010

A Day At Derbyshire (Part 1)

Saturday I went to The Derbyshire Renaissance Faire. What a great time. I have wanted to go to a renaissance faire from the time I first learned about them. I'd love to be an active part of it and not just a casual observer.I can't believe he actually smiled. He didn't even want to stick his head in there.

Oh to have lived in a time when it was fashionable to have hips this wide. I would have been in my perfect environment.

And what should every man eat at the Faire? A turkey leg of course.

Here we have the Rogue Blades. They had quite the act. Sort of reminded me of something that could have easily fit into Monty Python And The Holy Grail.

And of course there had to be at least one knight in shining armor.

The sword fighting was done with real swords! It's a good thing these guys were well practiced. I'd hate to think what would happen with one simple misstep.

The archer looked very "Robin Hood". I really loved all the different costumes and personas present at the faire.

Lee Mulder was singing in one of the pavilions. I really need to track her down so I can get a CD of hers. She sings wonderful traditional celtic songs.

This is all I caught of the Knotty Bits act. Playing with fire is pretty cool though, don't you think?

We even met Pan wandering around the grounds. He performed a couple of magic tricks for Jade and made me laugh quite hard. He made me laugh harder than anything at the faire.

Tomorrow: The Vikings Of New NorTHUMBria. Don't miss it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the "Pan" himeself, Thank you so very much for the complement. It is the major reason I got involved in the Ren Faire... to entertain people and make then feel good.

I am very glad I could bring you happyness.

Dave Perrin

Heidi said...

Dave, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have a few other pictures of you from the Faire as well. If you would like them just shoot me an email and I'll pass them on. hebels@gmail.com

Heidi

Blog Widget by LinkWithin