Thursday, June 5, 2008

What do you do with bug that get in the house?

You toss them in the brooder. The girls were freaking out over some strange bug that was in their bedroom this evening. So of course I went to their rescue. While I was on my way to toss the dead bug in the trash, the peeping of the chicks caught my attention and I thought to myself "I wonder.......". So in it went.

It was the funniest thing I've seen yet. One chick would pick it up and all the others would chase it around until one finally snatched it away, then they would all chase that chick. When they got tired of that, they stood around taking turns pecking at it.

I also gave the chicks a small tray of sand today and you would have thought it was Christmas. They have been having the most fun with it. Only one or two will fit in a tray at once so they are taking turns. If one chick stays in there longer than the others think it should, one will run over and push it out so someone else can have a turn. I'm thinking of just putting sand in the brooders instead of the wood shavings.

No pictures today, sorry.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin