Monday, March 15, 2010

The Cake He Wanted


All Braden wanted for his birthday was a Mario Party cake. Do you know that no one around here makes a cake with Mario on it? I checked everywhere near me. My mom who lives an hour away checked near her. I was in a panic. The boy would NOT pick an alternative. Well, that's not entirely true. He said if he couldn't have a Mario Party cake, then he wanted a Mario Kart cake. :o/

In the end I read a bout a technique where you take a coloring book image and put it under a piece of clear plastic (I used a zipper type bag) then pipe the image in reverse on the plastic. So when it's done, the image as you want it will be against the plastic. After you have it all piped it goes in the freezer.

I was so afraid it wasn't going to come off the plastic. In fact, it did break coming off because apparently cream cheese frosting doesn't freeze hard. But as you can see, it came out OK and we had a very happy three year old.

1 comment:

Dianna said...

GREAT JOB, to a GREAT momma who was determined to please her boy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin