Friday, September 10, 2010

Too Many?

These are only a few of the muscovy ducks that we have here on the farm. We actually have in the neighborhood of 20 right now. They are everywhere! The females make this sweet sort of cooing sound similar to the sound a dove makes, but a little more shrill.

Now when it's just the five or so that are our breeding stock it's not so bad. Even when the ducklings are small and downy it's not so bad. But when they get to be full grown and poop everywhere, it is so bad.

I thought I would have a hard time sending them to be butchered. I'm over it. Now I'm just worried about freezer space.

What an awesome problem to have. I truly feel blessed to have more meat for my freezer than I have room for. I need remember to look at it that way instead of stressing about where I'm going to put it all.

Now back to the current duck situation. This is what I came home to last night after Jade's soccer game:

I am not going to be the one to get up on the roof and clean the poop off!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin