Saturday, April 5, 2008

The coop is on hold


Here is the storage shed we are going to use for our chicken coop. For now I've had to put the transformation on hold. Since we have to move it, Rob pointed out that anything I do such as putting in roosts or nest boxes may have to be redone due to shifting when they move it. So I guess that means it's time to focus on other things.


I also realized that the chicks will be here a week from tomorrow. A week ago it seemed so far away. Now it seems like it's coming up faster than I'm ready for. So this week will be spent finishing the brooder and getting the house ready. I have a lot to do in the house since I've neglected it to clean out the shed.

Here is what will become our brooder:
So that's my main project for this week. I need to cut out the center of the lid and put hardware cloth on to keep the cat out and let the heat in. With any luck I'll have plenty of progress to report soon.

2 comments:

~Chris~ said...

Good looking girls! ;)
Yay! One week to go....

Danni said...

I just found your blog through your message posting to the yahoo group, Chickens 101. Your shed looks like it will be wonderful for your chickens. I have only just begun raising chickens for the first time and am absolutely in LOVE. You are going to have so much fun. I have 12 girls (well, there is def. a roo or two in there) who will be 6 weeks old tomorrow. They are living in our garage as we struggle to finish the coop. Good luck - I will check back to see how your coop is progressing!
:-)danni

Blog Widget by LinkWithin