Monday, April 14, 2008

The Omnivore's Dilemma

I have just started to read The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan over the weekend. I'm barely through the first chapter and I'm already thinking very differently about the food I eat every day. Who knew we eat so much corn.

It really makes me think harder about working to become more self sufficient. I know we will never be fully self sufficient, but there is a lot more we could do than we are now. It's so easy to make excuses as to why things don't happen. I heard someone say today:
"If you want it bad enough, you will find the time. If you don't want it bad enough, you will find excuses"
How true is that? Thanks Terri, you have no idea how much you motivate me in many areas of my life.

What does this have to do with my chicken coop progress? you might ask. Well.....nothing directly. I haven't made many strides in that area as of late. However, the rain is gone and the sun is back. So maybe this week will be better than last.




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin