Monday, January 3, 2011

Being Grateful

I find it's far too easy to focus on the things I don't like in life. The little annoyances and things that get under my skin can seem to consume my thoughts some days.

While shopping the other day I came across a little Journal that simply says "Gratitude" on the front cover. Inside is the following quote:

"I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder" - G.K. Chesterton

The rest of the book is for jotting down thing things a person is grateful for, with occasional quotes here and there throughout.

I found myself buying this little book and feeling inspired. What better way to start a new year than to find a way to focus on the positive.

So I will start every day by writing a few things I'm grateful for in my little journal. On every Monday I will blog here a post titled "Gratitude" and I will list no less than three things I am grateful for.

Today I am grateful for:
  • A husband who doesn't mind me driving 80+ miles to pay twice what I expected for two rabbits.
  • A father-in-law who always smiles and really seems to enjoy working on my kitchen.
  • A daughter who helps her younger siblings without being asked, even when she doesn't feel well.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin